Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MIDTERM portfolio

1.Rule of Thirds
This picture represents the rule of thirds because the panda is set off to one side. I think this picture stood out the most because I also used depth of field and that made the background more distant making the panda the main focus. I think this image could be stronger if the panda was bigger.

2.Fill the Frame
This image represents filling the frame because the entire shot is these lights. I think this is a really good picture because of the lighting it makes the picture interesting. It could be better if  maybe it was something more interesting than lights.

3.Lines
  
 This picture represents leading lines because the chain leads to the bottom of this hole. I thought this was a good representation because it leads your eye to the focal point. I could be better if  the picture was in focus more.

 4.Angles
 
This is a representation of angles taken from behind this whale. I liked this picture the most because it plain but interesting. It could be better if maybe there was more to it.

5.Patterns
This picture represents patterns because as you can see there are many windows. I like this picture because of the light reflecting of the glass. I think it could be better if the line extended to many more windows.

6.Framing
 
This picture represents framing because the water creates an arch. I like this picture because it shows movement and the whales kinda staring at you. This could be better if the whale would of been centered to the arch.

7.ABC
 I don't have any pictures for the ABC's because they got deleted after we made the poster. :c

8.Shutter Speed
This represents shutter speed because Patrick is jumping still in the air. I like this picture because of his face expression and his body position lol. This could of been better if that cart wasn't in the picture.

 9.Panning
This picture represents panning because the background is blurred and the focal point is in focus. I liked this picture because I thought it was funny. I could be better if the car itself were more in focus.

10.Depth of Field
 
This is a representation of depth of field because there's a bokeh effect in the background. I liked this picture because it's almost perfect I really liked the dots in the background they remind me of Christmas. This could be improved by maybe moving the panda of to the side.

11.WILDCARD
This is another representation of depth of field. I really liked this picture because it looks really nice. It could be improved by maybe getting more of the plant into the frame. 

The hardest challenge probably was dealing with those cameras in the beginning of the year and learning how to use the new cameras. Yes, I was able to overcome it and everything got much easier. My biggest success was learning everything we did which was quite a lot. I really liked learning how to take depth of field pictures. This will all help me in the second semester because you build up from what you learn. I would really like to know how to take pictures at night because we haven't experienced dealing with no light. Mr. Pedersen could improve my experience in class by teaching us more:) and I could improve by learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment