Friday, January 18, 2013

DOF Photo Corrected

For all my pictures I changed the black levels from 0 to 25 and the whites from 255 to 235. I think the adjustments enhanced the pictures and made the colors richer. I usually don't like editing pictures so I tried not to make such a huge impact but I guess a little does a lot but I'm glad with the final result because it looks way better. I don't think there's anything else to fix in this picture.
 
 
I changed the black levels from 0 to 25 and the whites from 255 to 235. Same with this picture the adjustments increased the color. With this picture I was fine with editing it because it looks better and it really changed the color. I liked this picture as well, there's nothing to fix.

I changed the black levels from 0 to 25 and the whites from 255 to 235. For this picture I was really excited that I captured the hummingbird so I cropped it a little, but the adjustments did brighten the picture. I wanted to edit this picture but I don't think the adjustments worked so good because there's too much green it kinda hurts my eyes. I think if I didn't put so much white the brightness wouldn't be so strong and it would look better.
 
I changed the black levels from 0 to 25 and the whites from 255 to 235. I think this picture had the greatest change because the blacks really got darker so that made the picture not look washed out. I didn't expect this picture to have such a big difference but it looks a lot better. I like this picture I don't think there's anything I need to fix.
 
I changed the black levels from 0 to 25 and the whites from 255 to 235. The adjustments for this picture really changed the lighting but I think it kinda made his face too orange. I think for this picture the adjustments made the bokeh effect strong. I would like to fix Carlos' face because he looks to orange.

 I changed the black levels from 0 to 25 and the whites from 255 to 235. I cropped this picture as well because the bottom of the leaves had some weird blur thing so I thought it looked better. I was fine with making adjustments to this picture. I think for this picture if I would of taken another picture the weird blur thing in the corner wouldn't of came out and the picture would of been better.

Shallow depth of field is when the subject or object is completely in focus and the background is blurred out so you can't make out what it is. Large depth of field is when the entire picture is in focus, it's usually a scenery. You use TV mode when you want to change all of the settings and AV mode when you only want to change the F stop so distance. The hardest part of this assignment was finding backgrounds that would blur out enough or ones that had color.

No comments:

Post a Comment